Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Windshield Mounted Detectors > Professional Series

Notices

Old January 12th, 2018

Default GPS error after connecting to computer (Pro 500)

EDIT: FIXED - do not update firmware while plugged into power, only have USB plugged in.

My Pro 500 has been working great for years, just earlier today I connected it to my computer to try and see if there was any updates to help with false K bands from BSMs. It popped up saying my serial number was expired and so I unplugged the detector.

Later when I put the detector back in my car I was getting "GPS ERR", I tried turning GPS filtering back on multiple times as well as doing a factory reset multiple times. I then got home and tried updating the firmware with Detector Tools v1.5.46. I tried the Main tab update which did not work, and I also tried the Advanced tab "Update all", also did not work. I also tried factory resetting it then going straight into the update. Still not working.

I tried calling support but due to weather they aren't in the office and chat closed early.
Can anyone help me out on the forums until I can call them?

Last edited by IByrdl; January 15th, 2018 at 12:58 PM.
Old January 13th, 2018
Official Beltronics Rep

The expiration only applies to Defender camera database updates. Firmware updates are freely available even if Detector Tools says that your subscription has expired.

Try updating your Pro 500 again using "Update All" with the most recent version of Beltronics Detector Tools.

If you continue to see the GPS ERR message then contact our customer service department at the number in my signature below.
Old January 14th, 2018

I tried the "Update all" option with that version of Detector Tools. I will be contacting you guys Monday morning, hope you are open for MLK day.
Old January 15th, 2018

Thanks to whoever I talked to on the phone we fixed it! I was updating with the power cable plugged in which was causing an internal problem. Unplugged from power while updating over USB and GPS came back on-line instantly on power up!

Tags
pro 500 gps error err