Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Windshield Mounted Detectors > Professional Series

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Default Detector Tools not updating

hoping someone can give me some insight on a problem I have with my Pro500

I had it hardwired in one car with no issues. I checked everything a few months ago with the Detector Tools, and everything was functional. I removed the detector while the car was turned off since I'm going to use it in another car.

When I hooked it up to the different car (not hardwired), the GPS connection gave an error and would not connect. Also, the use preferences were different.

I connected it to the Detector Tools, but I could not update any changes made as they were all "grayed out"...the Merge Data and Update latest firmware tabs would not work.

I uninstalled the Detector Tool and reinstalled it but no change. I've tried a couple of different USB cables and different ports...If I plug the detector in the computer first then open the DT, it says that it cannot connect to my detector. If I open the DT first then plug the detector in, the DT shows that it has connected to my detector but still no functioning tabs. I can change user options, but no updating either tab on the main screen

any ideas what it could be? thanks!

EDIT: evidently the detector has to be powered up before it'll accept any updates/changes...I don't remember that being the case when I first got it before hardwiring it, but it's been awhile so who knows...anyway, issue solved

Last edited by scinmyheart; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:30 AM. Reason: issue solved