Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Custom Installed Detectors > STi-R & STi-R Plus Remote

Notices

Old August 26th, 2017

Unhappy Dead after upgrade

I ran an update on my STIR+ through Detector Tools, and now the unit won't display anything.

I am still able to enter the update mode by holding down Power and Mute. When I try to re-update using Detector Tools, it tells me to cycle the ignition and wait for it to show the device is connected. I do so, and it shows up as connected, but when I click OK, nothing happens. The "Update Detector" dialog just shows up again.

I know that I'm able to enter the update mode - it shows up in device manager as a USB HID vendor-defined device. Detector tools is able to read the serial number, and the keypad glows red (so I know that it's reading the keypad input).

Do I have to have an active subscription in order to do a device update, rather than a map update?
Old August 29th, 2017
Official Beltronics Rep

I am sorry to hear about the issue you are having with your STi-R Plus.

No, you do not need a subscription to update the system's software/firmware. Only merging the latest Defender database requires a subscriptions.

It sounds like a component is not responding. For further assistance please contact your installer or our customer service department at the number in my signature below.
Old May 6th, 2018

Today the exact same thing happened to me with my brand new STi-R Plus (got it yesterday). After updating All via Detector Tools v1.5.45 the device is no longer responding. Only way to connect it is via PWR+MUTE. Essentially it is now a brick.
Old May 21st, 2018

Angry Another equal, answer please

This can not be normal, today I have updated my STRI + Int and when disconnecting the USB cable, the detector turns off and does not turn on again.
It only reconnects again if I press PWR + MUTE, it is impossible that it is a hardware problem, the STRI worked perfectly and after performing the update it is when it does not turn on.
It is clearly a problem of the software that has loaded.
Please think we deserve to give us a solution to a problem that you have created us

Old May 22nd, 2018
Official Beltronics Rep

We are looking into these reports. Would you let me know the serial number of your system?

Thank you
Old May 23rd, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltronicsPro View Post
We are looking into these reports. Would you let me know the serial number of your system?

Thank you
Yes, Serial Number: BU002889
Old May 24th, 2018
Official Beltronics Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVCmvs View Post
Yes, Serial Number: BU002889
That is an International model. Unfortunately the interface and display components will need to be serviced to resolve this.

Make sure that you are using the International version of Detector Tools when updating an STi-R Plus International.
Old June 6th, 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltronicsPro View Post
That is an International model. Unfortunately the interface and display components will need to be serviced to resolve this.

Make sure that you are using the International version of Detector Tools when updating an STi-R Plus International.
Hello again,

I use the International version of Detector Tools Version 1.5.45

Please can you tell me what you want to say with: "Unfortunately the interface and display components will need to be serviced to resolve this".
The interface and display have been damaged by updating the software?
How can you explain to me that the device supports without any errors updating the firmware and also merges my data with the latest Beltronic Defender database?

The only thing that I think happens is that due to some firmware problem the device does not reboot after updating the firmware.
Please try to solve this, it is a very expensive device and we do not deserve not to be taken care of.

Regards
Old June 7th, 2018
Official Beltronics Rep

I am explaining to you how to take care of this. The only way to resolve this is for us to service the display and interface components.