Notices

Old June 20th, 2018
Official Beltronics Rep

Exclamation Detector Tools updated to v1.5.54

Detector Tools has been updated to v1.5.54 with the following changes:
- Supports International detectors
- Device driver improvements
Old June 26th, 2018

Default Beltronics Setup.msi Freezes, Unable to Complete v1.5.54 Installation Process

Since the spring/summer of 2015, I have had an STiR + system custom installed in both of my cars. Whenever a new version of Detector Tools was released, I would uninstall the old version, as directed, and install the new version of Detector Tools. I never had a problem installing the new versions of Detector Tools. I have used the same HP laptop computer, with Windows 8.1, to perform the installations, since 2015.

On June 23, 2018, I uninstalled the old version of Detector Tools. I downloaded the new files directly from the www.Beltronics.com website. The files were named Setup.exe and Beltronics Setup.msi It did not matter which file I used in my attempts to install v1/5/54, the installation would freeze approximately 3/4 of the way through the installation process.

I called Beltronics on June 24, 2018, and spoke with a customer service technical rep. I related the entire situation to him. The Beltronics technical rep. said for me to use the Beltronics Setup.msi file. He then followed through the installation process with me, as I verbally described what I was doing and what was taking place, right up to the point where the installation process freezes. The Beltronics technical rep. felt that my laptop computer was somehow hindering the installation, possibly due to a firewall setting.

I then called the Geek Squad. A second level agent, who I felt was extremely sharp, proceeded to spend 1 1/2 hours attempting to get the Beltronics Setup.msi file to install v1.5.54. The agent turned off the firewall, and checked numerous other settings, etc. on my laptop. However, each and every time the installation process would freeze after the screen which asked if you wanted to allow the program to make changes on the computer's hard drive. On the next screen, a horizontal blue line would scroll from left to right, then on a second screen the horizontal blue line would only scroll approximately 2/3 to 3/4 of the way across the screen, then it would freeze. I sometimes waited a couple of hours to see if anything would happen after that, but it stayed frozen. The agent originally stated "The downloaded file is insufficient", and later stated, as well as wrote in the session recap notes "Unable to install the program since it is not compatible".

If a super sharp Geek Squad Agent could not get the Beltronics Setup.msi to fully complete the installation process, there is no way that I will be able to get it to work.

When I had spoken with the Beltronics technical rep., I asked if there was any way that I could obtain a file containing the old installation program, or the old version of Detector Tools, the Beltronics technical rep said that the old version was causing problems for some STiR+ users, and that is why a new version 1.5.54 was released. I never had a problem with the old version. It always worked for me.

So, bottom line, I can't go back to an older installation program to install the old version of Detector Tools., nor can I get the present Beltronics Setup.msi to fully complete the installation process in order to have v1/5/54 on my computer.

I have now come to the end of obtaining Defender Database Updates, unless anyone has any ideas, thoughts, or suggestions. which I would surely appreciate.
Old June 26th, 2018
Official Beltronics Rep

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with Detector Tools. We are looking into your report. I will follow up with you once I have information from our software development team.
Old June 26th, 2018

Default Additional Info Re: Unable to Install v1.5.54

Today, June 26, 2018, I spoke with two Beltronics representatives on the phone. Both were extremely nice and tried to help with the v1.5.54 download problem. After the first representative did all that was possible, a second rep., a lady with the initials A. S. (I know her full name, but I do not know if it would be appropriate to mention it here) was able to gain access to my laptop computer via FastConnect (?). She trued as best as she could to get the file/app Beltronics Setup.msi to install v1.5.54, but it would constantly freeze approximately 2/3 to 3/4 of the way through the installation process. She took notes regarding my computer's operating system (Windows 8.1) as well as other information that she could pass on to the engineers, so that they could look into the problem and see if they could resolve the inability of my laptop to install v1/5/54 of Detector Tools. Ms. A.S. said that she or the engineers may either call me or send an email to me if they could find a resolution to the problem.

Everyone, especially Ms. A.S., has been extremely nice and helpful, in trying to help me with the problem. They have gone over and above the effort that I would have expected to receive. I want you to know, and I want them to know, that I sincerely appreciate all of their help and assistance. I hope that this inability to install v1.5.54 can be resolved by the engineers.

Thanks also, to you, Beltronics Pro!
Old July 3rd, 2018

Default Additional Info Re: Unable to Install v1.5.54

Today, July 3, 2018, I was informed by an extremely knowledgeable Beltronics rep., with whom I have been communicating, that Detector Tools v1.5.54 will work with Windows 7, but will NOT work with Windows 8.1 or Windows 10. I am using Windows 8.1

There have been additional customers, besides myself, who have contacted Beltronics, about their inability to get Detector Tools v1.5.54 to install, when using Windows 8.1 or Windows 10.

Beltronics is aware of the problem and is working with Microsoft in order to develop a fix, or a workaround, or a new version of Detector Tools, which will work with Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
Old July 12th, 2018

The problem I experienced with Detector Tools v 1.5.54 (it would not install on my laptop using Windows 8.1) has now been solved with the release of Detector Tools v 1.5.57. I successfully downloaded v 1.5.57, installed v 1.5.57, then went to my cars and successfully updated the Defender Database on both STiR Plus systems on my cars.
Thanks, Beltronics, for the new updated release!

Last edited by AMG HAMMER; July 13th, 2018 at 12:42 PM.