Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Windshield Mounted Detectors > Professional Series

Notices

Old October 6th, 2016

Exclamation GX65 will not power on after update!

I have had my GX65 for a few years now and have updated it regularly when updates come out. I updated it this past week and ever since it will not power on. I thought it was the power cord so I bought a new power cord and it still will not power on. I know the cord is good because it works fine on my other detector. If anyone knows of a fix, I am more than open to trying it.
Old October 7th, 2016
Official Beltronics Rep

Did you try pressing the power button? I know it sounds silly to ask this but many times people get used to just plugging it in and it powering on.

If this does not solve the issue then please call our service department at the number in my signature below.

Thank you
Old October 14th, 2018

Sorry for the late , late reply. Be cautious of detector tools, not worth the risk and Bel does not care if they brick your "out of warranty" device.

My GX65 for all intensive purposes was working just as well as the day I bought it. Until I randomly updated my GX65 while I was also doing my Garmin GPS this summer.

Now the GPS function, speed system does not work. GPS function was dead-accurate and alerting in all the usual spots that afternoon. Speed readings matched my Garmin GPS and speedo on the long drive along i5 in Washington and all the spots in between.

One quick update later and my beloved GX65 is now permenantly and intentionally broken by Beltronics. I don't care that some "update calibration" noticed some absolutely obscure minor glitch, as the user it was working perfectly within human observations. I do not believe a company ought to have legal right to permanently damage a functioning product and hold it ransom for a service fee as my GX65 did not need it prior to their software update.

There is no reason that an undo function can't be applied. A turning back of their firmware. In my country court small claims costs less than their service fee. I'll be seeking options. I'm very angry. I've been a loyal Bel Customer for a great many years. My first favorite being a Bel Vector 3, I don't remember what I had before that as it was 90's tech. I had many.
Old October 15th, 2018
Official Beltronics Rep

If your GX65 is powering on, it is not bricked. We do not deliberately cause our products to not function when updating them.

If you are not receiving GPS based location alerts then you may have cleared your location database. A subscription is required to update the location database. Your subscription may have expired. For further assistance please call our customer service department at the number in my signature below.