Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Windshield Mounted Detectors > STi Magnum and Driver

Notices

Old August 22nd, 2015

Default Constant False Laser Alarm

Hello Beltronics,

Background: In 2013, I purchased my current radar detector, brand new, from an authorized dealer, the Bel Sti Magnum. It served well for a year before having to be sent in under warranty for insensitivity issues. Now, as of about a week ago, and another year after its being serviced, I receive a constant false laser alarm. The malfunction is continuous, relatively consistent, and frustrating. This happens about 5-15 seconds after powering on. The detector is useless in its current state.

More Background: In early 2012, I received a new-in-box Bel Sti Driver as a gift. It also served well and stayed sensitive until a year and a half later when I started receiving the constant false laser alarm, rendering it useless. Unfortunately, as a poor student combined with the detector being out of warranty, I was unable to afford the cost of service at the time. The detector was later stolen from my vehicle in early 2013. I then saved for a new model later.

My vehicle: Both detectors were used in my 2007 Volkswagen GTI. My GTI has neither; rain sensing equipment, any special windshield coating, adaptive cruise control, a navigation screen, or blind spot monitoring.
I also believe I do not have a noisy power supply as I am also an amateur radio operator and have never experienced any problems associated with ignition noise on my radios.

The timing of the malfunctions being delayed to about over a year leads me to believe that the source of the problem has to do with the degradation of the product. No one should have to pay $300-$500 for products that will malfunction after a year and a half, and then have to pay more to have the product serviced back to a working condition.

Thank you,
Kent
Old August 24th, 2015
Official Beltronics Rep

We are sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing with your STi Magnum. Unfortunately it sounds like it will need to be serviced. To set up servicing your STi Magnum please contact our service department at the number in my signature below.

Tags
false laser alarm magnum