Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Windshield Mounted Detectors > STi Magnum and Driver

Notices

Old August 30th, 2016
Official Beltronics Rep

No, applying this software upgrade will not impact K band falsing. You are most probably receiving these false alerts from vehicles that are using radar based anti-collision systems. Unfortunately the STi Magnum cannot distinguish many of them from police radar.
Old September 12th, 2016

Hi I had my STI upgraded to a Magnum back in April 2013 Does it have the latest update or does it need to be sent in again.
Old September 13th, 2016
Official Beltronics Rep

If you would like this "expert" software on your Magnum then you will need to send it in.
Old September 28th, 2016

Default Sti mia

I sent my driver in for the magnum upgrade and after 5 weeks still no sign of my detector. I have called daily and seem to be getting nowhere. I called and set up account and all my info was taken and i was given a repair order. I followed all instructions and sent it away. Called in to inquire about the progress and unable to find my info anywhere. They then called to say all my info was entered incorrectly and my detector has been shipped to another address and billed to my visa #. Was told that they will wait for it to be returned back then they will ship to me. Very surprised if this happens. You need to be on hold at least 15 minutes before you get to talk to someone and explain the whole story. I was told someone would contact me with an answer the next day. That was now 3 days ago and no call back. Incredibly frustrating. Very much miss my radar and had i known any of this would occur i never would have even considered this upgrade. Very disappointed.
Old January 26th, 2017

Default Vinc7897

Vinc7897, i know it's been a long time but could you give me back an update on how that story ended please?
My best friend is my Sti Driver since a very long time, and i just can't even think about losing it for a update...I think about that Magnum mod and update so very often but......
Old February 22nd, 2017

Default rdr

i just bought a new sti magnum production date aug. 2016
havent unwraped it yet do i still need to send it in to bel. for kasw and bsrdr ?updates?
cheers
mike

Last edited by mike; February 22nd, 2017 at 07:46 PM.
Old February 23rd, 2017
Official Beltronics Rep

The only way to know for sure is to go into its band settings and see if there are "Ka SW" and "RDR" options. If there are then you have the latest firmware.
Old April 16th, 2017

Would there be any concerns shipping the Magnum back to Ontario after the upgrade?
Thanks
Old April 17th, 2017
Official Beltronics Rep

None at all.
Old April 20th, 2017

Very good, thanks.