Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Accessories > Software & Subscriptions

Notices

Old February 24th, 2014

Default Detector Tools Help

I'm trying to update my STiR Plus remote RD. I've tried both the Mac version 1.1.1 and the Windows version. I'm running the software on a Macbook Air with Mavricks installed; for the Windows version, I'm running it via VM Fusion on the Mac: Windows 7 Enterprise with .net 4.0 installed and fully updated.

On the Mac Version, the RD is recognized but hangs at Step 1 (left it there for 20 mins). In Windows, the RD is not picked up by Windows at all; I get no prompt to install new hardware.

Going to try a native Win 7 machine tonight but I've read that it can be as simple as a shorter USB cable. The one supplies by Bel is about 6ft. I can only find a 3 ft locally. Will picking up and using a 3ft USB really make the difference?
Old February 26th, 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB View Post
I'm trying to update my STiR Plus remote RD. I've tried both the Mac version 1.1.1 and the Windows version. I'm running the software on a Macbook Air with Mavricks installed; for the Windows version, I'm running it via VM Fusion on the Mac: Windows 7 Enterprise with .net 4.0 installed and fully updated.

On the Mac Version, the RD is recognized but hangs at Step 1 (left it there for 20 mins). In Windows, the RD is not picked up by Windows at all; I get no prompt to install new hardware.

Going to try a native Win 7 machine tonight but I've read that it can be as simple as a shorter USB cable. The one supplies by Bel is about 6ft. I can only find a 3 ft locally. Will picking up and using a 3ft USB really make the difference?
Was able to get everything to work with a native Win 7 machine. Would love to know about the USB cable issue as it relates to Macs running Detector Tools natively or in a Virtual Machine. Still waiting on a response, Bel?
Old February 7th, 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by APB View Post
Was able to get everything to work with a native Win 7 machine. Would love to know about the USB cable issue as it relates to Macs running Detector Tools natively or in a Virtual Machine. Still waiting on a response, Bel?
This is what I was afraid of. Although Bel says that Detector Tools runs on a Win8 machine, it does not appear to operate successfully on a Win8 VMWare machine. Like you, I run Win8 on VMWare on my MacBook Air. And Tools just does not see the StiR on either USB port. And like you the Mac version of Tools seems to recognize the RD, but then hangs and goes nowhere. Have tried different USB cables, but makes no difference for me. What a PITA.
Old February 10th, 2015
Official Beltronics Rep

Pale Rider,
Please send me a private message with your name and address. I would like you to try something.

Thank you