Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Accessories > Software & Subscriptions

Notices

Old November 23rd, 2010

Default The People Have Spoken ! !

The People Have Spoken ! !

In Houston Texas and Baytown Texas "The People Have Spoken" ! !

Texas Cities Shut Down Cameras After Public Vote, ..

This is good NEWS for all that believe, IF red Light camera was about safety, then extending the yellow has proven to be the safest for motorist.

My Question, is HOW long does it take to have have the DATABASE updated to reflect 70+ red light camera no longer functioning?

Have problem updating my G65, and only update 2-3 times a year.. it hangs and I'm half scared to update every week ?

Thanks
BAT
Old November 23rd, 2010
Official Beltronics Rep

Thank you for bringin this up BATBAT1. We are monitoring the camera situation in Houston. With our customers best interest in mind we have chosen not to change Houston's cameras just yet.

Unfortunately it is still possible that the city could be forced to fulfill their contract with the camera operator. The last thing we want is to leave our customers with no warning of these cameras should the decision be quickly overturned.

Going forward we will notify Defender subscribers about these kinds of sweeping camera changes to areas in the update notification emails. This is primarily to inform customers in the area effected that they will still see the cameras but they are not active. For example the email text would be something like, "States effected in this update: TX (all Houston red light cameras have been disabled)".

Regarding the hang ups when you are updating your GX65: Does the USB cable that you are using have a ferrite choke made on it? It is a cylinder molded onto the cable. Try using a USB cable without a choke on it. Also, try using a different USB port on your computer when updating the GX65 and do not use a USB hub, plug the USB cable directly into your computer.
Old November 29th, 2010

BeltronicsPro,

Wow, I do appreciated your caution, wait and see, I had figured that it was a done deal... BUT, guess not....

A federal judge issued an order last Friday (11/26) blocking the immediate removal of red light cameras from Houston,

Federal Judge Blocks Red Light Camera Removal in Houston,

We all will be watching... Thanks..
BAT