Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Accessories > Software & Subscriptions

Notices

Old June 30th, 2009

Default Data Base Flaw???

I

just downloaded the latest database update and then went to a known camera location to test. As I approached the speed cam from the west going east, sufficient warning was provided. As I approached from the other direction however, the warning was given just as I was right in front of the camera. This is a problem for those who do not know the Tucson camera locations and leads me to ask if the data base is flawed. Are there other locations where warning is given post fact? Can this problem be fixed?
Old June 30th, 2009
Official Beltronics Rep

It takes the direction of travel into account. There shouldnt be a camera for the opposite direction at that intersection. If you are certain that there are two cameras at that intersection, one for each direction, then please let me know so that we can get the database corrected.
Old July 1st, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltronicsPro View Post
It takes the direction of travel into account. There shouldnt be a camera for the opposite direction at that intersection. If you are certain that there are two cameras at that intersection, one for each direction, then please let me know so that we can get the database corrected.
Yes, there definitely are 2 cameras- one in each direction. The detector warned in advance driving east to west, but warned at the camera going west to east.
Brian
Old July 1st, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltronicsPro View Post
Do you need the exact location of the cameras? They are on Skyline Drive in Tucson AZ. I can get you cross streets if you need.
Old July 1st, 2009
Official Beltronics Rep

Yes, please provide cross streets so that we can locate the exact intersection.

Thank you very much for your feedback and for participating in our forum!
Old July 2nd, 2009

The cameras in question are located at Ina/Vista de las Candelas (between Orange Grove & Ina). Other Pima County/ Tucson areas are listed below. This info can be found at a local radio website http://www.kgun9.com/Global/category...nav=menu1456_4

Cameras at River Road and Hacienda del Sol are not in the database, nor is a red light photo unit at the intersection of Oracle Road and River Road. Here is the list....

Swan Road/Calle Barril (between River & Sunrise) These 2 cameras are well- marked in database!!!

LaCholla/Sunset

Mission/Grubstake (between Irvington & Nebraska)

River/near Hacienda del Sol Not in database

Ruthrauff/between LaCholla & LaCanada

Alvernon/Station Master (betwen Irvington & Ajo)

Valencia/between Kolb & Wilmot

Valencia/near Camino de la Tierra

Nogales Highway/Herman's Road (Raytheon)
Old July 2nd, 2009

The cameras in question are located at Ina/Vista de las Candelas (between Orange Grove & Ina). Other Pima County/ Tucson areas are listed below. This info can be found at a local radio website http://www.kgun9.com/Global/category...nav=menu1456_4

Cameras at River Road and Hacienda del Sol are not in the database, nor is a red light photo unit at the intersection of Oracle Road and River Road. Here is the list....

Swan Road/Calle Barril (between River & Sunrise) These 2 cameras are well- marked in database!!!

LaCholla/Sunset

Old July 2nd, 2009
Official Beltronics Rep

Thank you for the location information.
Old July 9th, 2009
Official Beltronics Rep

Replies from our Defender database location supplier added into quote below in bold:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blorimer View Post
The cameras in question are located at Ina/Vista de las Candelas (between Orange Grove & Ina). These are listed correctly in the database and are two separate cameras. I've changed the coordinates on the westbound one slightly to try to help resolve the customer's report of late warning. Other Pima County/ Tucson areas are listed below. This info can be found at a local radio website http://www.kgun9.com/Global/category...nav=menu1456_4

Cameras at River Road and Hacienda del Sol are not in the database these two cameras are in the database, nor is a red light photo unit at the intersection of Oracle Road and River Road. We show cameras on all 4 approaches. All are listed as live cameras in the database and the records haven't changed since April 08 Here is the list.... All other cameras listed there are in the database.

LaCholla/Sunset

Old July 9th, 2009

Wink Thanks

Thanks for your responses to my observations. It is good to know that you folks are on the ball as far as locations are concerned, and responsive to concerns/queries. Beltronics rocks!