Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Accessories > Software & Subscriptions

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2012

Default STI-R Plus and Subscriptions for various countries?

I'm looking at installing an STI-R Plus on my motorcycle and then travelling with it through various countries (NZ,Asia,USA,Europe). I notice in the detail of the database subscriptions sections on the Bel website it says the NZ & AU database won't work on an Nth American version, and vice versa. And the Europe subscription won't work on an NZ/AU radar and vice versa. Does this mean if I purchase an STI-R Plus unit it will be useless when I take the motorcycle outside of NZ/AU? Or can I simply wipe the radar firmware and install the Europe/American firmware and then install the database? Or is there an "international" version available that will accept all database subscription regions? Trying to figure out how I could get and use a variety of databases if the unit has been purchased from a different region? (Can't understand why they limit it to regions... it's so 1980's... do they not travel??) Thanks, Regan.
Old June 5th, 2012
Official Beltronics Rep

The only way you can have both the Aus/NZ and the International databases installed is to not update your STi-R Plus. Both of these models come pre-loaded with both databases, then when you first update the system using our Detector Tools program it will clear the other database and only install the correct database for the model that you purchased (Aus/NZ or International).
Old June 5th, 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltronicsPro View Post
The only way you can have both the Aus/NZ and the International databases installed is to not update your STi-R Plus. Both of these models come pre-loaded with both databases, then when you first update the system using our Detector Tools program it will clear the other database and only install the correct database for the model that you purchased (Aus/NZ or International).
Hi BeltronicsPro,

Thanks for the info. That sounds like it might solve my problem. A couple more questions for you...

1. Is the "International" version (the one that comes with the pre-loaded databases) the one that's available in the USA? Or is there a specific place I need to get that?

2. Does the International version (not updated) have ALL of the regions pre-loaded?

3. Once a regional database has been installed, ie. Aus/NZ, is it possible to "reset" the radar back to the factory installed "all databases"?

4. If #3 above is possible, could I reset the radar and install then install the next region I'm traveling to? For example - (1) Install Aus/NZ, (2) Reset the radar, (3) Install USA. It means I wouldn't have "both" regions installed together, but it would solve the problem another way.

Thanks for your help!!

Regan
Old June 12th, 2012
Official Beltronics Rep

No problem at all. Here are the answers to your questions:

1. We do not offer the International model. Please see our dealer list here

2. No, North American locations are not pre-loaded into a STi-R Plus Intl model. The Aus/NZ and Euro databases are pre-loaded into them. We only directly sell the North American model with only the North American database loaded.

3. No, once you update Defender then you will lose the other database and no longer be able to load it back into the system.

4. Not possible.