Beltronics Radar Forum  

Go Back   Beltronics Radar Forum > Custom Installed Detectors > Laser ShifterPro, ZR4, ZR3

Notices

Old July 27th, 2014

Default Lazer Pro in the rear

I currently have a STiR - Plus in a 2011 Mercedes Benz E63. I am installing a quad Laser Shifter Pro in the vehicle. The front install is fine, but the rear represents a problem. The ledge above the rear tag represents the logical place to hang the shifters, however there is other equipment there already ( rear key lock, handle to open the trunck, rear camera and a rear light for the camera). The only places to correctly hang the shifters and that there is even spacing is almost next to each other. Is it effective to hang only one shifter that is not centered? Can the shifters be trimed down?
Old August 4th, 2014
Official Beltronics Rep

I do not recommend cutting the shifter module. This will most certainly damage its weatherproofing.

Using only one shifter will certainly not be as effective as using two. An authorized Beltronics installer should be able to help you.